Focus on the family has the following vacancies available:
REPORTS TO: Communications Director
APPLICATION CLOSES: 15 May 2017
SALARY: Negotiable – depending on qualification and experience
The Media Producer/Engineer will oversee the production and post-production of all Focus broadcasts and ensure the timeous uploading of all programmes on FTP.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Production: Record live in-studio interviews/ specific programme tags
- Post-production: Edit/balance/enhance/mix recorded tracks within specific deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with assessing and evaluating acoustics
- Must be familiar with Adobe Audition software and Focus Rite hardware
- Download/ Upload programmes via FTP paying close attention to detail
- Tag Programmes with specifically recorded tags. This process requires blending recorded vocal clips and instruments to achieve a specific product.
- Be accountable for broadcasts – ensuring excellent quality
- Monitor all studio/ sound equipment and ensure it’s working properly
- Have excellent knowledge of international standards relating to sound levels and quality
- Have knowledge and experience of minimizing environmental sounds/ adjusting tracks so that it’s clear and devoid of popping/ static or cracking sounds
- Apply creative skills to breathe new life to existing broadcasts and customize sound effects when required
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to present monthly progress reports
- Experience with video editing/ video editing software would be advantageous – as well as technical expertise and hands-on sound/ video equipment knowledge.
- Double check work again before sending out.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Generate and researche ideas for programmes
- Develop content, writing material for scripts and links;
- Source potential contributors and interviewees;
- Select music appropriate to the programme
- Manage the logistics of getting people, resources and equipment together to the right place at the right time;
- Undertake editing, interviewing and reporting duties as necessary;
- Convert text, graphics, video and audio files into other formats;
- Contribute to, and make use of, an archive of audio resources which can be re-used;
- Respond to audience feedback, referring on to other departments as necessary;
- Produce and making use of user-generated content;
- Use technology, such as Adobe Audition, for editing and production purposes;
- Be able to work calmly effectively under pressure, react quickly, and meet tight deadlines
- Understand when it is necessary, and how to acquire, the relevant clearances and licences, including copyright and music clearances
- Have strong IT skills, including word processing and data handling – and, ideally, audio editing and image manipulation software
- Have excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience, along with the ability to build rapport and draw information from people
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting programme format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Able to think strategically with solid planning skills.
- Demonstrate advanced ability in sound editing, and production of professional broadcasts.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Reasonable working knowledge of television production processes. Technical skills a must.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Advanced Video/Multimedia presentations skills will be an advantage.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work alone as well as in a team environment
- Recognized tertiary qualification in Sound/Media Engineering/Studio Management/Production
- 3-4 years of broad experience as a sound technician/radio producer or in the related field.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with Focus on the Family core values
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Must be bright, positive, and friendly – conveying warmth and a genuine interest in people
- Well-developed social skills
- Creates favorable impression in terms of appropriate attire, appearance, bearing, and manner
- Maintains a healthy, affirming relationship with family and spouse
- Exhibits integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Biblical standards; straightforward and not self-serving
Email CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 May 2017