Position: Social Worker (Newcastle)
Focus On the Family Africa is looking for a Social Worker to join the Community Engagements Department Team, which works to achieve the mission of enriching the lives of families, engaging the culture, advocating for life, and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The work is meaningful, the culture is rewarding, and the purpose is eternal.
- Implementing of social work services including programmes facilitation.
- Creating new opportunities for facilitating programmes aimed at parents and community awareness.
- Managing and handling incoming enquiries and requests from the community related to programmes.
- Administration and operational activities around programmes delivery.
- Providing family preservation services by creating a trusting environment where beneficiaries feel comfortable to share and seek help to preserve and strengthen their family.
- Reporting and referrals of cases to the relevant service provider.
- Directly train educators, parents, members of the community as required.
- Answering emails and phone calls with kind and compassionate care in line with Focus on the Family Africa’s philosophy.
- A bachelor’s degree in social work and current registration with SACSSP.
Competencies and Skills:
- Good communicator in person, over the phone, via email, and across teams.
- Excellent administrative skills and comfortable to work at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability and willingness to multitask while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Positive-minded individual with a good work ethic and can function independently.
- Excellent report writing and data analysis to drive improvement.
- Must be fully computer literate and make excellent use of Microsoft Office.
- Discretion in handling the confidential nature of needs and information.
- Must be willing to travel and this may include weekends when required.
- Must be Fluent in Zulu.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with driving experience (an office vehicle will be provided).
- Lives with integrity derived from biblical values and demonstrates standards of conduct that meet or exceed company and/or legal requirements.
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus.
- Adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith.
- Upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer.
Kindly send cover letter and a detailed CV with all references. All applications should be emailed to email@example.com. For inquiries regarding the position, contact the HR Department, Lethumusa Phoswa, on 031 716 3300. The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality! Closing Date: 21 November 2023