Position: Ministry Relations Officer
Focus On the Family Africa is looking for a Ministry Relations Officer to join the Family Advancement Department Team, which works to achieve the mission of enriching the lives of families, engaging the culture, advocating for life, and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The work is meaningful, the culture is rewarding, and the purpose is eternal.
- Building healthy, ongoing relationships with key ministry leaders and stakeholders
- Initiating engagement and interaction on a peer-to-peer level through face-to-face, telephone, and online engagement
- Initiating and attending various networking forums
- Growing and maintaining the database of new and existing constituents locally and internationally across interdenominational and cultural divides with a strong emphasis on expanding access to the content, resources, counselling, events and seminars, programs, and outreach offerings of Focus on the Family Africa.
- Promoting, initiating, and facilitating numerous speaking engagements, including workshops addressing family-related topics like marriage, parenting, and a Christian worldview
- Working alongside the fundraising director to help grow financial support
- A strong advocate for Focus on the Family, promoting and representing the ministry to a wide variety of audiences.
- Willing to make an appeal for support when appropriate
- A bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing, Theology, or a similar relevant field is preferred
- 3+/- years of Key Account Manager experience or experience accompanied by Qualified Theological Certification or Pastoral Background will also be considered
Competencies and Skills:
- Highly persuasive and a good communicator in person, over the phone, via email, and across teams
- Positive-minded individual with a good work ethic and excellent networking capabilities
- Maintaining and growing key relationships with an ability to express empathy and genuine concern while observing proper boundaries
- Self-Stater, the ability to function independently, and the ability to work well within a team environment
- Excellent report writing and data analysis to drive improvement
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be fully computer literate and make excellent use of Microsoft Office
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Discretion in handling the confidential nature of needs and information
- Must be willing to travel for short periods of time; this may include weekends when required
- Owning a vehicle and a driver’s license are essential
- Lives with integrity derived from biblical values and demonstrates standards of conduct that meet or exceed company and/or legal requirements.
- A consistent witness for Jesus Christ and maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus.
- Adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith
- Upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer
Kindly send cover letter and a detailed CV with all references. All applications should be emailed to email@example.com. For inquiries regarding the position, contact the HR Department, Lethumusa Phoswa, on 031 716 3300. The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality! Closing Date: 18 August 2023