Sign up to attend our next counselling course!
Limited spaces available.
What this course covers:
- Aspects of Christian belief in counselling
- Differences between ‘counselling’ and ‘ministry’
- The role of a Christian counsellor
- Listening and empathetic counselling skills
- Understanding the pain of rejection
- Secular and Christian approaches to counselling
- Counselling practice
- Self – awareness
- Small Group activities
- Management and recording of counselling sessions
This is a 60-hour foundation course in Christian Counselling, 35 hours of which needs to be attended in a group and the remainder are to be completed as course work. Completion of this course will help you make a decision on whether you should pursue counselling or not.
Cost : R3000 Cost includes all the material, lunch, teas, marking of assignments etc.
A minimum deposit of R1500 would be accepted and the balance paid over two months.
ALL COVID-protocols will be adhered to during the course.
Previous attendees’ feedback:
- One of the most uplifting and informative courses I have attended yet. I am looking forward to the Level 2 course! Feeling absolutely empowered.”
- “This course was awesome in every aspect of my life. The Focus team really made us feel special. Barbara is genius, she was very patient with us. I could not ask for a fabulous group. The course has healed me in a way that I would never know or able to unpack with my counsellor! Thank You!!”
- “I have been deeply touched and informed and uplifted. Really thought I was attending a course but God worked through this training to be able to be a better listener, without prejudice, to allow space and not fall into bondage we place onto each other. Thank you, deeply appreciated, job well done. Love and appreciate you.”
Date: 5th – 9th July 2021
Time: 8.30am – 4.00pm
Venue: Focus On The Family, 32 Old Main Road, Hillcrest, Durban
Register before 15th June 2021
Limited seats available
For any enquiries contact Anthea firstname.lastname@example.org