REPORTS TO: COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
POSITION CLOSES: 30 August 2018
SALARY: Negotiable – depending on experience
The successful candidate will execute all design projects to consistently articulate Focus Africa’s mission of helping families thrive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a pivotal role in all elements of design for marketing and communications projects as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Design and produce printed, electronic and digital elements for campaigns across the Ministry.
- Prepare written materials including advertising copy, reports, presentations, articles, newsletters, press releases and electronic promotions when necessary.
- Work amicably with staff on projects with both local, national and global scope.
- Support Communications Director to utilize all communication channels and opportunities to increase the ministry profile.
- Creativity to produce unique designs, while paying close attention to brand dimensions.
- Work closely with other departments to plan, schedule and support conferences and events. Attend and assist at external events.
- Research new markets and report on campaigns and findings.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in all elements of design.
- Expert knowledge and experience in Adobe Design Suite and related design software eg Freehand,Fireworks and Dreamweaver.
- Knowledge of current graphics and principals and practices of pre-press, print production, and web-based publication.
- Excellent knowedge and experience in online mail campaigns using MailChimp, WordPress etc.
- Reasonable working knowledge of website construction and design including FTP, file types, organization and layout.
- Proven ability and experience in managing/ maintaining social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Reasonable working knowledge of radio and television production processes. Technical skills advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Must be able to work alone as well as in a team environment
- Recognised Tertiary Degree/ Diploma in Digital/ Graphic Design with 2-3 years of broad experience as a Designer.
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with Focus on the Family core values
Please send your CV with three of your best design works to email@example.com before 30 August 2018. If you do not hear back from us by 30 September 2018 your application was unsuccessful. This position is based in Hillcrest, Durban.