PROJECT MANAGER - COMMUNICATIONS
REPORTS TO: COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
POSITION CLOSES: 31 March 2018 – Send CV to email@example.com
The Project Manager will oversees the execution of marketing and communications plans, strategies and campaigns within a specified time frame as required by the Commuications Director. The successful candidate will execute all projects to consistently articulate Focus Africa’s mission of helping families thrive.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Play a pivotal role in all marketing and communications projects as assigned by the Communications Director.
- Coordinate various communication projects including design and production of printed, electronic and broadcast media.
- Prepare written materials including advertising copy, reports, presentations, articles, newsletters, press releases and electronic promotions when necessary.
- Work amicably with staff on projects with both local, national and global scope.
- Support Communications Director to utilize all communication channels and opportunities to increase the ministry profile.
- Evaluating the financial aspects of campaigns such as budgets, expenditures, breakeven analysis, return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Compile public relations efforts including general media relations, story pitches, press release distribution and follow-up of leads for approval by the Communications Director.
- Prepare mailing lists for direct mail campaigns where necessary.
- Work closely with other departments to plan, schedule and support conferences and events. Attend and assist at external events.
- Research new markets and report on campaigns and findings.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Able to think strategically with solid planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing, copywriting, business writing, editing and production of marketing materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Able to conduct effective interview.
- Expert working knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Expert knowledge and experience in Adobe Design Suite.
- Working knowedge and experience in online mail campaigns using MailChimp etc.
- Reasonable working knowledge of radio and television production process. Technical skills advantageous.
- Knowledge of current graphics and principals and practices of pre-press, print production, and web-based publication.
- Reasonable working knowledge of website construction and design including FTP, file types, organization and layout.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Video /Multimedia presentations skills necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Must be able to work alone as well as in a team environment
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Design, Marketing, Communications or related field.
- 5 years of broad experience including such professions as digital designer, journalism, online media or public relations.
- In-depth knowledge of Focus philosophy, mission, values, and objectives
- Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ; maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Focus; adheres to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith; upholds Focus on the Family’s ministry in prayer
- Demonstrates behaviors aligned with Focus on the Family core values
- Awareness of own strengths and shortcomings
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
- Must be bright, positive, and friendly – conveying warmth and a genuine interest in people
- Well-developed social skills
- Creates favorable impression in terms of appropriate attire, appearance, bearing, and manner
- Able to impress favorably and win long-term confidence and trust
- Maintains a healthy, affirming relationship with family and spouse
- Exhibits integrity in professional and personal life in accordance with Biblical standards; straightforward and not self-serving